Big Summer Reads 2021
The Big Summer Read it’s so easy
Join – register for the BSR or download the Beanstack app or visit your local library
Borrow – read books from home or your local library and log them in the Beanstack app or website
Play – complete the 5 challenges and gain virtual badges
Win – great prizes
The #BigSummerRead starts Wednesday 1 December 2021 and closes 31 January 2022. Pre-registration opens from Monday 8 November.
Summer is the perfect time for children to indulge in books and stories and read for pleasure.
The BIG Summer Read has been developed by Public Libraries Victoria in a joint effort to raise awareness of the benefits of reading over summer and to ensure Victorian children have access to resources proven to slow the slide.
Together we are aiming to engage 10,000 children in the program!
Kids are encouraged to keep reading over the summer holidays with an incentivised program that uses Beanstack, a mobile app that rewards you for reading. When reading milestones are reached, kids earn ‘badges’ for their Beanstack profile and increase their chances of winning a prize! Participants need to log a minimum of 10 books and collect 5 activity badges to complete the challenge. All badges will be released at the start of the program and can be completed at any time.
HUME TERMS AND CONDITIONS (for participants)
- The Big Summer Read (BSR) opens on 1 December 2021 9:00am until 31 January 2022 at 5pm.
- The promoter of the Big Summer Read is Hume City Council (Council).
- The draw is open to children aged between 0 and 17 years of age who live in the Municipality of Hume City Council or are a Hume Library member.
- Employees of Hume City Council and their children are not eligible to enter.
- There are four prizes in the draw, with a total prize pool value of $400.
- The draw winners will be notified by 28 February 2022.
- To be eligible, each entrant must register on the Big Summer Read Beanstack Challenge and have logged 10 books and completed all BSR challenges with a virtual completion badge awarded.
- All completed entries must be submitted online in Beanstack prior to closing time to be considered. Winners will be drawn at random from all entries in Hume Libraries that have completed all five challenges and logged 10 books onto Beanstack Big Summer Read program. The random draw will be done by staff at Public Libraries Victoria.
- Parent/guardian verification of the Beanstack account for the participant indicates they give permission for entry and accept these Terms and Conditions.
- Limit of one entry per child.
- Prizes cannot be substituted for cash, transferred, or otherwise exchanged. Once awarded, prizes become the property and responsibility of the respective winners. Council’s decision is final, and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- Every effort is made to notify participants they are prize winners, however if a winner cannot be contacted within two weeks of the draw, Council reserves the right to re-draw winner(s).
Hume City Council collects personal information for the purpose of registering you in the Big Summer Read (BSR) 2021–2022. This information will be used solely for this purpose and will not be disclosed to any other party except as required by law. If you do not provide this information, Council is unable to enter you in the Big Summer Read 2021–2022. You may access this information by contacting Council on t: 9205 2200